USI Employee Spotlight: Colin Flynn
Learn a little more about Colin and check out how he answered the questions below….
• Before working at USI what was your most unusual or interesting job that you had?
I managed the website for the world’s largest distributor of dollhouses and miniatures.
• What are you currently binge watching?
The Umbrella Academy, Longmire, The Good Fight
• If you could have any superpower what would it be?
To control and travel through time.
• If you could learn anything, what would it be?
To speak French fluently.
• When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A street busker or a 1940’s private detective.
• What is one food that you cannot resist?
• Where is your favorite place to be?
Galway, Ireland (or at home)
• What’s something you like to do the old-fashioned way?
Writing in a notebook. Reading print books.
• What is the best piece of advice that you have ever received?
It may not be your fault, but it is your responsibility.
• If you had 1 free hour each day, what would you do?
Play the guitar.
• Do you have any strange phobias?
Onions? I hate them.
• If you could add one thing to the USI office, what would it be?
A company communal vegetable garden.
• What has been your favorite project at USI?
Exterior lighting at Kissimmee Gardens in Florida. The energy reduction and savings were palpable and the new lights are beautiful compared to the old, outdated ones.
• What is your favorite part about working for USI?
Having and seeing our company’s core values in action. Especially “I’ve got your back”.
• People would be surprised if they knew what about you?
I am a Sherlock Holmes fanatic (Sherlockian) and have a large collection of books, DVD’s, games etc. of Sherlock related items.
• What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
A vintage Corvette for my wife and tickets to Normandy, France.
• What was the best concert you ever attended?
Thom Yorke of Radiohead at the State Theater in Cleveland or the Cleveland Orchestra performing Beethoven’s 7th Symphony, 2nd Movement at Severance Hall.
• What are you passionate about?
Love, knowledge, creativity, health and happiness.
• What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
I’ve been to Antarctica.
• What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
Seared sea scallops with brussels sprouts, noodles, and Pernod cream at L’Albatros in Cleveland.
• What are some of your pet peeves?
Lack of empathy. Rudeness.
Want to chat with Colin about an upcoming project you think USI would be perfect for? Send him an email here!